The speakers truly aren’t the focus of the Campference – you are. But we will have some amazing presenters, most of whom are still TBD. Marko and Kurt Johnston will probably be two of the speakers; but we’ll have a bunch of others to rock your boat and stir your pot.
What topics will be covered?
First, it’s super important to know that this event is NOT designed to tell you how to do youth ministry in a multi-site church. Instead, our focus will be on exploring together. There will be three main aspects of programming:
- 4 Big Meetings, with worship, fun, and a keynote speaker.
- 4 Multi-Site Issues Dialogues. All participants will be broken into four groups. These groups will rotate, over the course of the event, through four guided conversations on common issues facing youth workers in multi-site churches.
- 2 Seminar times, each with 3 – 5 seminars on a variety of topics.
When is it?
The first-ever Multi-Site Church Youth Ministry Campference will take place January 9 – 11, 2018. We’ll start after dinner on Tuesday, and end before lunch on Thursday.
Where is it?
Saddleback Church’s retreat center, The Ranch -- 29251 Camino Capistrano, San Juan Capistrano, CA 92675. This is a 23-minute drive from the Orange County (CA) John Wayne Airport.
Who should attend?
This event is for anyone (and everyone!) who works with teenagers in a multi-site church setting. Volunteers and paid staff, rookies and veterans. But early indicators are that many staff teams will attend together. This is your event, and we want your voice in the mix.
What will it be like?
Some elements of the Campference will be like a conference: seminars on a variety of subjects, guided dialogues focused on key issues about youth ministry in multi-site churches, and main sessions with great speakers who will encourage you and challenge you to think in new ways. But other aspects will take advantage of the uniqueness of our tribe and the vibe of a conference center: loads of fun, plenty of time for conversation, shared meals, and lots of killer free time options (come on, it’s 12 minutes from Dana Point, and about 15 minutes from Laguna Beach!).
What’s unique about this event?
In addition to the camp part of our made-up word, Campference, there are a handful of other things you won’t find anywhere else:
- Most speakers are also full participants, and will stay for the whole weekend. They’ll be at all the meals and fully engage as player/coaches.
- We’ll stay together and eat together, providing the context for a shared experience very different from a normal conference.
- The entire focus will be on youth ministry in multi-site churches. You’ll be with a room full of true peers who understand your challenges and opportunities.
- The quantity of freebies and giveaways and prizes at this event is almost stupid. Leave room in your luggage.
What does it cost?
We’ve tried to price the Multi-Site Youth Ministry Campference so that it’s significantly cheaper than other events (when you add in food and lodging). Thanks to our event partners, we’re able to offer 7 different registration levels, the first five of which include 2 nights’ accommodations and 4 meals:
- (before Dec 1) regular registration with quad occupancy accommodations — $340
- (after Dec 1) late registration with whatever accommodations we can fit you in — $390
- UPGRADE to double occupancy for $25 per person while space is available
What are the accommodations?
Hotel-style accommodations. Each room has 2 queen beds. We’re not offering private rooms; but you can choose whether you go with double accommodations (you get your own bed), or the cheaper quad accommodations (you share a bed).
Can I choose who I room with?
Yup, just let us know when you register!
What if I’m coming alone, or if my group doesn’t evenly fill a room?
We’ll match you up with others. Pillow fight!
Do I have to utilize the accommodations, or can I just book my own nearby?
The spirit of this Campference is that we stay together for the whole event. So, unless you’re a local, we’re asking that you stay and play with us. We offer a “no bed” reg price for people who would qualify for Disneyland’s SoCal Pass (zip codes 90000 to 93599); and even for those people, we still recommend you stay with us (we promise: you’ll have a better experience). To get the "no bed" rate please contact us.
If you’re flying in, you probably want to fly into John Wayne, Orange County (the retreat center is just over 20 minutes from this airport). If you simply must fly into LAX (Los Angeles), know that the retreat center is a little over an hour away if there’s not hideous traffic (which there often is).
Do you have a refund policy for your events?
Please see our Event Cancellation Policy for full details, here's the highlights:
Yes. Our policy is to grant event refunds on a case-by-case basis.
- We will work with you. Refunds are granted on a case-by-case basis. Such as, if you buy 2 tickets to The Summit and are not able to attend… if it’s 3 weeks out and you let us know we are very likely to refund your money. But if you don’t show up and don’t let us know why we are less likely to extend that refund.
- We’re in ministry, we get it. We have spent our lifetime working with people in ministry. We know stuff comes up. So if you suddenly have to bail on an event because of an emergency at home, we’re pretty likely to offer a refund. (A death in the family, something at church blew up, etc.) But if you just didn’t feel like coming at the last minute or you forgot to plan, we’re less likely to offer the refund.
- Whenever possible we will be generous. Please understand we are a small business. We produce our events on a shoestring budget and every dollar really matters. For instance, if it is so close to the event that we’ve already spent money because we were planning on you being there we will likely offer you a partial refund. But, if it’s still several weeks away and we’ve not committed to spending money on your behalf, we are highly likely to offer a full refund.
- Event deposits are non-refundable. If you’d like, we can apply your funds to another attendee.
- No call, no shows are non-refundable. So if you registered for an event but forgot to come, that’s not our fault.
Hey, we’re easy to reach! Just email Marko (firstname.lastname@example.org) directly! (Or submit a ticket here on the Help Center)